Pool / Spa Industry Terminology


line in the header graphics

 A            K               X   Y   Z 

WATER CLARIFIER (chemical related) Also called coagulant or flocculant - A chemical compound used to gather (coagulate or agglomerate) or to precipitate suspended particles so they may be removed by vacuuming or filtration. There are two types; in- organic salts of aluminum (alum) and other metals or water-soluble organic polyelectrolytes.

WEIR Also called skimmer weir - Part of a skimmer that adjust automatically to small changes in water level to assure a continuous flow of water to the skimmer. The small floating "door" on the side of the skimmer that faces the water over which water flows on its way to the skimmer. The weir also prevents debris from floating back into the pool after the pump shuts off.


  Return to Reference Page

Sorry, we are not a retailer. We sell wholesale to businesses associated with the Pool / Spa and Water Industries only.

2012 H2O Company Inc.